Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
Cabbage makes a fab salad base, the trick is to slice it as finely as you can, then work it between your fingers – this changes the texture, making it juicy!
- 2 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shaved coconut
- ½ carrot, peeled and grated
- ½ - 1 fresh green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- Place shredded cabbage in a large mixing bowl and work it between your fingers to soften it slightly. Toast coconut in a frypan over a medium heat until very lightly golden (about 2-3 minutes). Allow to cool.
- To make Lemony Dressing, combine all ingredients in a small jar and shake to combine. Up to 1 hour before serving, toss together cabbage, coconut, carrot, chilli, coriander and Lemony Dressing in a serving bowl.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||6.7 g|
|- Sugars||4.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.0 g|