Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
Impress your family and friends with this popular Italian pasta dish, which is surprisingly easy to recreate at home. The best bit? It takes 20 mins to make!
- 400 g dried fettuccine or other pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- about 24 (250 g) button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups (400g) diced ham
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook fettuccine for 2 minutes less than the instructions on the packet.
- While pasta cooks, heat butter in a heavy pot and cook mushrooms over medium heat until lightly brown (about 5 minutes). Add garlic and sizzle for a few seconds then add ham and cream, stirring to lift pan brownings. Bring to a simmer. Mix in nutmeg, lemon juice, parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta, leaving about ¼ cup water in the pot. Add pasta and reserved pasta water to the pot with the ham sauce and toss over heat for a minute or two to allow the pasta to absorb the flavours. To serve, pile into a serving bowl and top with more black pepper.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||24.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||76.5 g|
|- Sugars||6.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.9 g|