This is a great one-pot dinner you can make with store-bought noodles and whatever fresh ingredients you have on hand. It serves two for great for date night!
- 250 - 300 g lean beef, such as sirloin steak or rump steak
- finely grated zest 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 270g - 300 g dried udon noodles or soba noodles
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets, stem peeled
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 head bok choy, leaves separated
- 1 handful (30g) snow peas
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Trim any sinew or fat from the beef and discard. Slice beef as thinly as possible across the grain. Mix beef with lime zest, garlic, soy sauce and sesame oil. Leave to stand on the bench while you cook the noodles according to the instructions on the packet. Add broccoli to the noodle pot in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Tip noodles and broccoli into a colander and cool under cold water, then drain well.
- Heat neutral oil in a wok or large frypan and stir-fry beef over high heat for 1 minute. Add oyster sauce, water, bok choy and snow peas and stir-fry for another minute.
- Add drained noodles and broccoli to the frypan with the spring onion and sesame seeds. Toss over high heat to fully heat through (about 1-2 minutes), then stir in lime juice and pile into bowls or plates. Serve at once.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||117.3 g|
|- Sugars||3.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||11.9 g|