Home cooked never looked so good thanks to this 20-minute pork, egg and bean stir-fry. If you want to turn up the heat, add sliced red chilli to the top!
- 4 eggs
- 500 g pork mince
- 2 tbsp chilli garlic paste
- 1 eschalot, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch snake beans, cut into 5 cm lengths
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp kecap manis
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- sliced red chilli, to garnish
- lime wedges, to garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon of peanut oil in a wok and fry eggs, one at a time, until almost set. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Heat a further 1 tablespoon peanut oil in the same wok over high heat. Crumble in the pork mince and stir-fry for 5 min or until browned, breaking up lumps with a spoon. Add the chilli garlic sauce and stir-fry for a further 1 min.
- Add the eschalot and snake beans and stir-fry for 2 min. Stir in the fish sauce, soy sauce, kecap manis and oyster sauce and continue stir-frying for 2-3 min. Season with pepper. Remove from heat and add the Thai basil, stirring until just wilted. Serve over cooked rice topped with a fried egg. Garnish with sliced red chilli, Thai basil leaves and lime wedges.
Use green beans if snake beans are unavailable. Vary the chilli garlic sauce to suit your taste.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||11.7 g|
|- Sugars||7.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.6 g|