This wok wonder takes only 20 minutes to make. With tomato, beef rump steak strips and crisp green beans, it's a filling and delicious Asian stir-fry.
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- 500 g beef rump steak, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 onion, cut into large cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- Combine dark soy sauce, 1 teaspoon caster sugar and bicarb in bowl. Add beef strips and toss to coat. Set aside for 10 min. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine cornflour and 2 tablespoons water. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, tomato sauce, and remaining caster sugar and stir to combine, set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a wok over high heat until very hot. Cook the beef strips in 2 batches for 1-2 min each or until browned. Remove from wok, set aside. Wipe wok clean.
- Heat a further 1 tablespoon oil in wok until hot. Add the onion and garlic, stir-fry 1 min. Add the tomatoes and beans and stir-fry for 2 min. Return all beef to wok and add the oyster sauce mixture. Bring to the boil and cook for 1 min or until thickened. Serve with cooked thin rice noodles. Garnish with j julienned spring/green onions.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||10.7 g|
|- Sugars||6.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.0 g|