Avocados are sliced in half and have their flesh scooped to allow room for smoked salmon, beans salsa and cherry tomatoes. Try them with tortilla strips!
- 2 large ripe avocados
- juice of 1 lime
- 100 g smoked salmon slices
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- fresh coriander sprigs, to garnish
- sliced fresh green chilli, to garnish
Bean & corn salsa
- 300 g canned corn kernels
- 2 x 125 g canned red kidney beans
- 1 green spring onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 dash cumin
- 1 dash olive oil
- Scoop out the flesh from 2 large ripe avocados, leaving a 1cm layer of flesh in each shell. Reserve excess flesh. Squeeze a little lime juice into shells to prevent browning.
- Dice reserved avocado and place into a bowl with a little lime juice, bean & corn salsa (see below), salmon and tomatoes. Toss to combine and divide between avocado shells. Serve with tortilla strips and lime wedges (see tips, below). Garnish with coriander sprigs and sliced green chilli if desired.
To make bean & corn salsa
- Drain corn and kidney beans. Place into a bowl with spring/green onion, parsley and a dash each cumin and olive oil. Toss to combine.
You can buy ready-made crispy tortilla strips or make your own. Cut fresh tortillas into strips and place onto a baking tray. Spray with olive oil and sprinkle with a little Cajun or lemon pepper seasoning. Bake at 180°C (160°C fan forced) for 4-6 minor until lightly golden. Cool before serving.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||23.0 g|
|- Sugars||5.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||11.6 g|