Here’s a one-pan powerhouse you’ll put on the table in under half an hour – even faster using leftover snags! Best when served with a crusty, fresh baguette.
- 10 thin beef sausages
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red capsicums, seeded, thinly sliced
- 400 g canned cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 300 g fresh baby spinach leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to season
- rustic baguette, sliced, to serve
- Put sausages and 2 tsp of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook until browned all over and cooked through. Remove from pan and slice each into 3 pieces on the diagonal.
- Add remaining oil to pan with onion and capsicum, stirring until soft. Pour in cannellini beans and stock then increase heat to high and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes then return sausages to pan. Cook, stirring, until combined.
- Stir in spinach and cook, stirring, for a further minute or until spinach is just wilted. Season and spoon into serving bowls. Serve with sliced baguette.
You can use leftover cooked sausages instead, just slice thinly and add with the beans.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||24.2 g|
|- Sugars||4.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.1 g|