Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
These little fritters are so moreish they disappear in seconds, plus they’re vegetarian and gluten free! Ready in 30 minutes, they're ideal on weeknights.
- ¼ cup rice flour or potato flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp curry powder
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 eggwhite
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 2 packed cups (250g) grated raw sweet potato
- ¾ cup chopped roasted cashew nuts
- 3 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2- 3 tbsp grapeseed oil or other neutral oil
- 1 small handful fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Place flour, baking soda, curry powder, salt and pepper, egg white and coconut cream in a mixing bowl and beat to a smooth batter. Mix in sweet potato, cashews, coriander and sweet chilli sauce. Chill until ready to cook.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a heavy frypan. Place dessert spoonfuls of mixture into heated pan and cook for about 1 minute each side to brown. They will not be cooked through at this stage. Transfer browned fritters to a baking tray. Continue to cook mixture in batches using more oil as needed and ensuring pan is fully heated before adding each batch. Chill if not cooking within 2-3 hours.
- When ready to serve, preheat oven to 180°C and bake fritters for 10 minutes or until springy to the touch and fully cooked. To serve, scatter with coriander leaves.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||5.3 g|
|- Sugars||1.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.6 g|