Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
Don't have any cauliflower? don't stress. The beauty of this flavour-packed vegan curry is that it can be made with all kinds of different vegetables!
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 fresh green chilli, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp neutral oil, such as canola oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 ½ tsp chilli powder, or to taste
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 pinch ground asafoetida
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ cup torn fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- In a blender whizz onion, garlic, tomatoes and chilli (this is called the gravy).
- Heat oil and cook cumin seeds over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add gravy to pan with chilli powder, ground coriander, garam masala, salt, turmeric and asafetida with ½ cup water. Simmer over medium heat until oil starts to come to the top of the sauce, about 10-15 minutes. Add cauliflower florets; stir to combine. Cover and cook until cauliflower is just tender, 8-10 minutes. Check seasonings and stir through coriander leaves.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||5.2 g|
|- Sugars||3.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.4 g|