Combine fresh vegetables, rice and nori seaweed for an easy-peasy Japanesey meal. Perfect for the lunchbox, it's just like sushi, but in a bowl instead!
- 500 g chicken breast strips
- 100 g packet bulgogi marinade
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 x 250 g microwave jasmine rice, to serve (optional)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp black sesame seeds
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, deseeded, thinly sliced
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- ½ cup pickled ginger
- 1 yaki nori sheet, very finely shredded
- ½ cup sorrel leaves, or mixed lettuce leaves, to garnish
- thinly sliced red onion, to garnish
- finely chopped red chilli, to garnish
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Put chicken and marinade in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Heat 2 tsp of the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over a high heat. Add chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from pan. Set aside, covered loosely with foil. Clean pan.
- Put same pan over a high heat with remaining olive oil. Add rice, soy, sesame oil and seeds. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until hot and liquid is absorbed.
- Put rice in serving bowls. Top with chicken, cucumber, avocado, ginger, nori, sorrel, onion and chilli. Serve with lime and soy, if using.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||82.3 g|
|- Sugars||12.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.6 g|