You’ll love this fast and light version of the ever‑popular chicken parmy – yum! The best part is that you can change it up with different pesto flavours!
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ⅔ cup sundried tomato pesto or basil pesto
- 4 canned roasted red capsicums, sliced
- 250 g ball mozzarella, sliced
- basil leaves, to garnish
- mixed green salad, to serve
- Preheat oven grill to high or oven to 250°C. Butterfly chicken breasts by cutting in half horizontally, being careful not to cut all the way through. Lay plastic wrap over the top and gently bash with a meat mallet until they are a similar thickness. Season chicken all over.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Cook 2 chicken breasts for 2 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Set aside on an oven tray and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Spread pesto over chicken. Top with slices of capsicum and mozzarella. Season.
- Grill for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling. Garnish with basil and serve with salad.
Swap out tomato pesto for any pesto you have on hand.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||6.0 g|
|- Sugars||3.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.3 g|