Can you sling tasty drummies to delight the gang into the oven in just five minutes? Yep! Then you can go about your business while the oven gets to work!
- 8 small chicken drumsticks
- ⅓ cup Thai chilli jam paste
- 300 g bag finely cut coleslaw mix
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced, plus extra, to garnish
- ¼ cup Thai style dressing
- ¼ cup dry roasted salted peanuts
- coriander, to garnish
- steamed red rice, to serve
- steamed brown rice, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 210°C. Line a large roasting pan with baking paper.
- Cut 3 slits in each drumstick at thick end. Put in a large zip-lock bag and add chilli jam. Massage to coat. Arrange in prepared pan. Roast for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine slaw, sprouts, shallots and dressing. Toss well. Serve chicken topped with peanuts, coriander and extra shallots, with slaw mixture, rice and lime wedges on the side.
Use leftover shredded chicken meat in salads or sandwiches the next day for lunch.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||15.5 g|
|- Sugars||8.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.4 g|