Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
An easy combination of hot Chinese noodles with a creamy peanut sauce and shrimps - equally good with chicken.
- 200 g egg noodles
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 large clove garlic crushed
- 1 x 400 ml can coconut cream
- 1 tsp red hot pepper sauce to taste
- 200 g shelled prawns or diced chicken
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 cups beansprouts or snowpeas
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander or mint to serve
- Cook noodles in plenty of salted water until tender, according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- While they cook, prepare the sauce. Place peanut butter, garlic, coconut cream and hot pepper sauce in a microwave jug, or pot. Cook for 2 minutes on high, then stir until smooth and thick.
- Add shrimps or chicken and cook on 80% power another 2-3 minutes until prawns or chicken are cooked.
- Drain noodles, toss through the sauce with spring onions, sprouts or snowpeas and nuts, reserving a little for garnish.
Pile into a serving dish. Sprinkle over the coriander or mint.
Add diced fish or very thinly sliced chicken to sauce and simmer gently until opaque and just cooked through.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||66.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||92.2 g|
|- Sugars||22.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||10.5 g|