Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
The gooey caramel sauce part of this recipe makes more than you need and keeps in the fridge for a week – but it's so delicious, it won’t last that long!
- 6 cooked mini vol au vent pastry cases
- 2- 3 ripe bananas
- juice of 1 lemon
- 150 ml cream, whipped to soft peaks
Gooey caramel sauce
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Make the gooey caramel sauce. Place all ingredients in a pan and stir over heat until sugar has dissolved. Boil 5 minutes or until slightly reduced and a rich brown colour. This makes 1 ½ cups. A useful make-ahead sauce, this keeps for about 1 week in the fridge. You will only need to use 6 tbsp of it in the following process.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon gooey caramel sauce into each pastry case.
- Cut bananas on an angle into 1.5cm slices and toss in lemon juice immediately to prevent browning. Drain and place 3-4 slices on top of caramel.
- To serve: Serve immediately with whipped cream and extra gooey caramel sauce if desired.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||19.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||47.2 g|
|- Sugars||37.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.5 g|