Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
With bacon and parmesan in the fridge, prawns in the freezer and pasta in the pantry you can make this easy, tasty store-cupboard dinner any night of the week.
- 500 g packet spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 streaky bacon rashers diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ red chilli deseeded very finely chopped
- 400 g raw peeled tail on prawns
- salt and pepper to season
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- Cook pasta for 2 minutes less than the instructions on the packet.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large frypan and cook bacon until it starts to turn golden. Add garlic, lemon zest, chilli flakes and fresh chilli and sizzle another 30 seconds. Add prawns and stir-fry over medium heat until they change colour (2-3 minutes).
- Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid. Add pasta, lemon juice, salt, pepper and reserved cooking liquid to the pan with the prawns. Toss over heat for a minute or two so the pasta can absorb the flavours. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately, accompanied by parmesan, if using.
The single most important thing to remember when cooking pasta is not to overcook it. The Italian term “al dente” translates as “to the tooth”, meaning it offers a little resistance when you bite it.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||69.5 g|
|- Sugars||4.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.1 g|