Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
This Southern Indian curry is not only delicious but also an easy vegetarian recipe that is comforting, filling and healthy - perfect for a winter's night
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 medium potatoes boiled cut into 2cm dice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 medium onions finely diced
- 1 ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp fennel seeds crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 300 g canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 400 ml coconut cream mixed with ½ cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to season
- 1 ½ cups basmati rice cooked
- fresh herbs to garnish
- Peel hard-boiled eggs, rinsing off any extra shell. Cut in half and put into a bowl with the potatoes.
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat and cook onions and all the spices, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened without browning, 5 minutes. Add eggs, potatoes, chickpeas, coconut cream and water, salt and pepper, and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for another 5 minutes. Remove and discard cinnamon quill. To serve divide cooked rice between 4 serving bowls and spoon over sauce. Garnish with herbs.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||34.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||110.5 g|
|- Sugars||9.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.9 g|