From weekend family lunches, to pizza Fridays, these mini pizza delights are always a good idea. With lamb mince and mozzarella cheese, they're delish!
- 6 mini pita bread pockets
- 2 x 200 g tubs tzatziki
- 250 g buffalo mozzarella, torn into pieces
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 750 g lamb mince
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts
- To make filling, heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until soft. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for about 7 minutes, or until cooked.
- Add tomatoes and spices. Cook, stirring, for a further 5 minutes, or until tomatoes have collapsed. Remove from heat. Stir in pine nuts.
- Place pita breads on two large oven trays. Spread each with 1 heaped tbsp tzatziki. Divide warm mince filling evenly over bases. Top with mozzarella.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220C), swapping trays halfway through, for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve pizzas with remaining tzatziki. Garnish with combined mint and parsley.
For a change, replace lamb mince with beef or chicken mince.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||19.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||25.0 g|
|- Sugars||5.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.9 g|