For a nutty spin on the classic key lime pie, try these key lime and coconut pots with butternut snap cookies, roasted macadamias and moist coconut flakes.
- ½ cup moist coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 250 g packet butternut snap cookies
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh lime rind, plus extra to serve
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 395 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 300 ml tub thickened cream
- whipped cream, to serve
- Sprinkle coconut and macadamias over an oven tray.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 3 to 4 minutes, or until light golden. Remove. Cool.
- Place biscuits in a large snap-lock bag. Seal. Using a rolling pin, coarsely crush into small pieces. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in coconut, macadamias and rind.
- Stir juice into condensed milk in a bowl. Beat cream in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold into condensed milk mixture.
- Reserve 1/ 3 cup of the biscuit mixture for decorating.
- Sprinkle half the remaining biscuit mixture over the base of six serving glasses (1½-cup capacity). Top with half the cream mixture. Repeat layering with remaining biscuit mixture and cream mixture. Cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Just before serving, decorate with extra whipped cream, reserved biscuit mixture and rind.
Undecorated dessert can be made up to one day ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||29.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||69.4 g|
|- Sugars||54.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.1 g|