This Asian beef dish is budget-friendly, fast and delicious. With red cabbage, hokkien noodles, and a sesame oil dressing, it's a great dinner or lunch.
- 450 g packet fresh hokkien noodles
- 200 g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 600 g beef sirloin steaks, trimmed
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 200 g red cabbage, shredded
- 2 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup bean sprouts (100g)
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup kecap manis
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- Combine noodles and beans in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 3 minutes. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool.
- Meanwhile, place beef and pepper in a medium bowl. Season with salt. Toss well to coat.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over medium to high heat. Add beef in two batches. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil. Thinly slice.
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients in a small jug until well combined.
- Add cabbage, onions, capsicum, bean sprouts and coriander to noodles. Pour over dressing. Toss well.
- Serve beef over noodle salad.
Instead of beef, try lamb steaks or chicken breast fillets.
Salad can be prepared up to one day ahead. Add dressing when ready to serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||58.6 g|
|- Sugars||15.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.7 g|