Nothing for dinner? Here's an emergency dinner recipe idea that uses most of the things you'll have in the pantry or fridge – including cheese crackers!
- 100 g packet cheese biscuits
- 12 chicken tenderloins (600g)
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- frozen potato wedges, to serve
- 120 g mixed salad leaves
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 200 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup orange honey dijon dressing
- Place biscuits in a large snaplock bag. Seal. Gently pound with a rolling pin to crush into crumbs. Transfer to a shallow dish.
- Dust chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Dip into eggs in a shallow bowl, then toss in crumbs to coat.
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Shallow-fry for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked. Remove. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- To make salad, combine leaves, cucumber, tomatoes and nuts in a bowl. Pour over dressing. Toss to coat.
- Serve chicken with salad and wedges.
Chicken can be crumbed up to several hours ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge. Toast nuts in a frying pan over a medium heat, shaking pan occasionally for 4 minutes.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||12.3 g|
|- Sugars||5.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.5 g|