For a filling vegetarian main with plenty of flavour, try this roasted butternut pumpkin and tofu salad, with a nutty hazelnut and honey dressing to top.
- 1 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 300 g packet firm tofu, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 160 g mixed salad leaves
- 240 g red cabbage (about ¼ small cabbage), thinly shredded
- 4 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- 50 g butter, chopped
- ⅓ cup coarsely chopped whole skinless hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- Toss pumpkin and tofu with oil. Season. Spread on an oiled oven tray.
- Cook in a very hot oven (240C) for about 25 minutes, or until pumpkin is browned and tender.
- To make dressing, melt butter with hazelnuts in a medium saucepan. Cook, stirring, over a low heat for about 2 minutes, or until nuts and butter are golden brown. Immediately remove from heat. Carefully stir in vinegar and honey. Season. Cool.
- To serve, combine salad leaves, cabbage and onions in a shallow bowl. Top with pumpkin and tofu. Drizzle over dressing.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||28.8 g|
|- Sugars||11.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.9 g|