Using Malaysian curry paste as a marinade, chicken is pan-fried then baked in the oven. Served with a cucumber, coriander and mint salad, it's ready in 30 mins!
- 4 x 150 g chicken breast fillets
- 2 tbsp Malaysian rendang curry paste
- 1 ½ cups long-grain rice
- 1 butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rub chicken with paste.
- Boil, steam or microwave rice until tender. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, to make salsa, combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat an oiled, large, ovenproof, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Transfer pan to a moderate oven (180C). Cook for about 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Serve chicken with rice, lettuce and salsa.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||61.5 g|
|- Sugars||3.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.1 g|