Use fluffy pearl couscous in this Moroccan-style lamb dinner. With Moroccan seasoning, fresh mint and colourful vegies, it's a light but flavoursome main.
- 4 x 150 g lamb rump steaks, trimmed of excess fat
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cups pearl couscous
- 60 g baby rocket leaves
- ½ cup torn fresh mint, leaves
- 4 carrots, peeled, halved lengthways, then crossways
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- ¼ cup seed mix
- 2 tsp Moroccan spice blend
- Season lamb with salt and pepper.
- Cook couscous in a large saucepan of boiling water for about 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well. Combine with rocket and mint.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave carrots until almost tender. Drain well.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb in two batches. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Cover to keep warm. Thickly slice.
- Heat oil in same frying pan over a medium heat. Add capsicum and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes, or until softened. Add carrots and seeds. Stir occasionally for a further 2 minutes. Stir in seasoning.
- Serve couscous topped with vegetables and lamb.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||62.3 g|
|- Sugars||5.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||9.4 g|