Pork steaks are cooked in a glaze of barbecue & Worcestershire sauce. Served with an apple and celery salad, the dish balances flavours and textures perfectly.
- 4 x 150 g pork Scotch fillet steaks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 800 g sweet potato, cut into 2cm pieces
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 red apples, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 160 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Season pork with salt and pepper.
- Boil, steam or microwave potato until tender. Drain. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add pork. Cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until almost cooked. Add combined sauces and honey. Cook, turning occasionally, for 2 minutes, or until pork is cooked and sauce is slightly thickened.
- To make salad, combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon any remaining glaze in pan over pork. Serve with potato and salad.
Try replacing half the barbecue sauce with your favourite chilli sauce.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||53.5 g|
|- Sugars||31.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.8 g|