Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
Decadence lurks in desserts of whipped cream folded with chilled fruit purees – fools all of them, if you’ll pardon the pun. A great dessert, ready in minutes.
- 500 g raspberries, fresh or frozen and thawed, or strawberries, hulled, plus extra to garnish
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 300 ml cream
- ½ cup natural yoghurt (optional)
- Purée berries with 2 tbsp icing sugar and lemon juice. Beat cream with 1 tbsp icing sugar until soft peaks form. Fold in yoghurt if using.
- Fold in half the puréed berries. Divide a third of the berry mixture between 6 serving glasses and top with half of the cream. Repeat in layers to fill glasses.
- Garnish with berries. Serve at once or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Storage Prepared fool can be covered and kept in the fridge for up to 6 hours.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||11.7 g|
|- Sugars||10.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.2 g|