Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
Having a stash of homemade blueberry sauce makes this sweet finale simple and quick. A step up from serving just fresh fruit for dessert. And it's pretty, too!
- 2 cups thick vanilla yoghurt, or Greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup muesli, dried fruits, or nuts
- ½ cup mixed fresh berries (optional)
- 1 ½ cups (250g) fresh or frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp cornflour
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Make the blueberry sauce. Place berries and sugar in a microwave-proof bowl, cover and cook on high for 10 minutes or bring to the boil in a saucepan on the stove. Mix lemon juice and cornflour to a paste and stir into hot berries. Cook until lightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in vanilla extract. Leave to cool.
- Spoon ¼ cup yoghurt into 8 serving glasses or cups. Divide blueberry sauce between them, using about ¼ cup for each. Top with rest of yoghurt. Sprinkle each with a tablespoon of topping or garnish with a few fresh berries.
Covered, they will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days or can be frozen for up to 6 weeks.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||41.9 g|
|- Sugars||33.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.8 g|