A jar of tomato pasta sauce provides a useful shortcut to a good flavour base for this hearty soup. With pasta shapes, chickpeas and zucchini, it's delish.
- 3 cups tomato pasta sauce
- 3 cups prepared chicken stock
- 300 g canned chickpeas, drained
- 100 g salami slice, diced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup short pasta shapes
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 tbsp pesto
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- Heat everything except garnishes in a saucepan, simmering until pasta is tender, 12-15 minutes.
- Check seasonings and adjust to taste.
- Just before serving mix in pesto and grated parmesan.
Add other fresh seasonal vegetables as available, such as diced carrots, onion and pumpkin.
Easy to freeze: make and freeze this soup in individual portions, it is great for lunch on the run or weekend meals. Prepare as described and allow to cool. Divide into individual portions. Chill and then freeze of up to 2 months. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight or in the microwave oven. Once defrosted reheat in the microwave on high (100% power) for 3-4 min or until piping hot, stirring at 1 minute intervals.
Soup will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days or can be frozen.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||42.9 g|
|- Sugars||11.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.2 g|