Perfect when you're rounding up those pantry items, and friendly on the purse strings, this easy pasta dish uses tinned tuna, anchovies, olives and capers.
- 300 g spaghetti
- 500 g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 425 g canned tuna in oil, drained and flaked
- 45 g can anchovy fillets, chopped
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp capers
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook pasta according to packet directions. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, warm pasta sauce in a large frying pan over medium heat until hot. Add the tuna, anchovies, olives, parsley and capers, bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 min or until heated through.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, along with reserved liquid, if required to loosen the sauce. Season with pepper and toss to combine. Divide between bowls and drizzle with a little olive oil. Garnish with shaved parmesan and chopped parsley if desired.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||60.9 g|
|- Sugars||7.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.0 g|