Now this is one clever way to make risotto! When you don't have time to stand over the fry pan, try our baked risotto recipe with peas, bacon and tomato.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp jarred crushed garlic
- 4 rashers bacon, trimmed of excess fat, chopped
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- 400 g canned diced tomatoes
- 4 cups prepared chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp shredded Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and bacon and cook for 5 min or until browned.
- Place onion mixture into a 10-cup capacity ovenproof dish with the rice, tomatoes and stock. Stir to combine. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 40-45 min or until most of the stock is absorbed and rice is al dente.
- Remove foil and stir through peas and cheese. Stand, covered with foil, for 5 min. Garnish with chopped parsley or basil leaves and extra parmesan.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||68.2 g|
|- Sugars||3.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.8 g|