Try a spin on spaghetti bolognese with this potato bake-style beef bolognese. Bolognese beef mince hides under a delicious layer of scalloped potatoes…
- 750 g lean beef mince
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 495 g jar bolognese pasta sauce
- 500 g frozen peas and sweetcorn
- 600 g bag of frozen scalloped potatoes, thawed
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Grease a 2.5L capacity shallow ovenproof dish with cooking spray. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add mince and cook for 6-7 min, breaking up lumps with a spoon. Drain away excess liquid.
- Add both sauces, then add ⅓ cup water to the empty tomato sauce jar and shake well. Add water to pan along with peas and corn and season to taste with cracked black pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and cook for 10 min. If making ahead of time, allow mince mixture to cool completely and then chill until required.
- Spoon mince into prepared pan and top with scalloped potatoes. Bake for 45-50 min. Serve with a side salad.
Try 2-3 tablespoons barbecue sauce in place of the Worcestershire for a sweeter taste the kids will love. Pop potatoes into the fridge overnight to thaw.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||22.2 g|
|- Sugars||10.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.8 g|