Recipe by: Baby Mac
Quick, simple and downright delicious. Baby Mac's lemon syrup cake ticks all the boxes – it makes a glorious afternoon tea treat, and keeps the kids busy!
- 60 g butter, melted
- grated zest of 2 large lemons
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- ⅓ cup (80ml) milk
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup (80ml) lemon juice
- ¼ cup (50g) icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a loaf tin and line with baking paper.
- Throw all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix well for a few minutes, by mixer or by hand.
- Pour mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 30-40 minutes until cooked through (a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake should come out clean). Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, before turning out onto the wire rack.
- Meanwhile, to make the syrup, combine lemon juice and icing sugar and mix until combined. Pour syrup over the cake when it is hot.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||57.3 g|
|- Sugars||40.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.2 g|