This 5-ingredient caramel slice recipe is ideal for having on hand for after-school snacks, when having a cup of tea, or even to take to work or bake sales.
- 250 g packet plain sweet biscuits
- 250 g chopped butter
- 2 x 395 g cans sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup golden syrup
- 200 g chopped milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line a 20cm x 30cm slice pan with baking paper. Crush biscuits and place into a bowl.
- Melt half the butter and add to the crumbs. Stir well to combine. Press crumb mixture firmly into base of prepared pan and chill.
- Place remaining butter, condensed milk and syrup into a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir for 6-7 min or until thickened.Pour over the base and bake for 20 min. Let cool.
- Place chocolate and 2 teaspoons oil into a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Spread over caramel and chill for 2 hr or until set. Cut into pieces.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||12.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||39.2 g|
|- Sugars||34.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.7 g|