Have you ever tried Afghan bread? You're going to love it as your pizza base in this easy-peasy, vegetarian recipe, with basil pesto, eggplant and mozzarella.
- 2 x 400 g Afghan garlic bread
- 2 ½ cups grated mozzarella
- 310 g jar char-grilled marinated eggplant slices, drained
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup basil pesto
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Line 2 large trays with baking paper. Place one Afghan bread onto each tray and spray with olive oil.
- Sprinkle mozzarella evenly between bread and top each with half the eggplant and red onion. Season with cracked black pepper. Bake for 12-15 min or until bread is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush over basil pesto with a pastry brush. Serve with a dressed side salad.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||68.5 g|
|- Sugars||4.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.9 g|