This pumpkin frittata recipe is absolutely scrumptious! Using bacon, feta cheese, and eggs, you'll have most of the ingredients at home, already – how easy!
- 600 g chopped pumpkin
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup thickened cream
- 120 g diced feta cheese
- 4 pieces short-cut bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 sliced onion
Spinach & mushroom salad
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- vegetable oil, for cooking
- 4- 5 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp French dressing
- In a bowl, toss 600g chopped pumpkin with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Transfer to a lined tray and bake at 200°C (180°C fan forced) for 25 min. In a jug, whisk together 6 cage-free eggs and ⅓ cup thickened cream, then add 120g diced feta. Chop 4 pieces of shortcut bacon and fry over medium heat with
1 sliced onion for 6-8 min. Add pumpkin. Pour over the egg mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 7-8 min, then grill for 3-5 min or until golden. Serve with spinach & mushroom salad (see below).
Spinach and mushroom salad
- Sauté mushrooms in a little vegetable oil until softened. Allow to cool. Toss with spinach leaves, red onion and French dressing.
If you have it on hand, add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil to the egg mixture. A sprinkle of dried basil will also do the trick.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||18.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||15.1 g|
|- Sugars||9.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.3 g|