With a creamy sauce pepper sauce of red onion and vinegar, these pan-fried beef steaks taste incredible. They'll be no need for pub steak night anymore!
- 4 thin beef rump steaks
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 25 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp whole black peppercorns, crushed with a mortar and pestle
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 200 ml beef stock
- 200 ml double cream
- 500 g frozen oven fries, cooked
- fresh watercress sprigs, to garnish
- Season steaks. Heat a heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add a knob of butter. When butter is foaming, add steaks and sear for 2 minutes each side for medium then transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil.
- To same pan, add onions and a little more butter. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add peppercorns and vinegar. Bring to the boil. Cook until liquid evaporates.
- Add stock and bring to the boil. Cook until reduced by half. Add cream and simmer, stirring, for 3 minutes. Season with salt.
- Serve steaks with sauce, fries and watercress.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||25.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||37.3 g|
|- Sugars||1.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.9 g|