Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
This pretty pink slice is an old fave that is a great recipe to make with children who enjoy baking. Serve it up with a cup of tea, or keep for after dinner.
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 125 g butter, melted
- 40 g butter
- 1 ½ tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 ½ cups desiccated coconut
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar
- 2- 3 drops pink food colouring
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a 30cm x 24cm sponge roll or baking tin with baking paper.
- For the base, combine dry ingredients, pour melted butter over and mix well. Press into tin. Bake 20-25 minutes. Leave to cool.
- To make the icing, melt butter, condensed milk and milk in pot. Add coconut and icing sugar, then mix in food colouring, stirring well. Stir over low heat until mix reaches spreading consistency. Spread over cooked base while warm. Cool before cutting into squares.
Will keep in an airtight container for 1 week.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||18.4 g|
|- Sugars||14.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.6 g|