Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
Home-cooked food delivers a sense of comfort that lasts a lifetime. Return to those favourite dishes we grew up with, like this coconut and passionfruit cake.
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 180 g butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 2 ½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp passionfruit pulp (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a 25cm cake tin with baking paper to cover base and sides. Alternatively, prepare 4 x 10cm tins (recycled large tuna cans are perfect) or 12-16 muffin tins (use 1/3-½ cup batter per muffin tin – as seen in the above image.)
- Beat sugar and butter until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla. Combine coconut and flour and fold into mixture alternately with combined milk and passionfruit, if using.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and smooth top. Bake until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. One large cake will take about 60 minutes, for 4 medium cakes allow about 50 minutes and for muffin-sized cakes allow about 20-25 minutes. Cool in tin.
Store in a cool place.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||52.7 g|
|- Sugars||33.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.2 g|