Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
Many a hungry mouth to feed? Double recipe, bake and freeze half for later. A frozen cookie in a lunchbox will thaw in time for morning tea – perfect!
- 250 g butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 1- 2 drops vanilla essence
- 2 ¼ cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1 cup dried apricots, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line baking trays.
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in the condensed milk and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients and apricots. Chill for 15 minutes in the fridge so it’s firm enough to shape and roll.
- Roll into walnut-sized balls and place on baking trays, allowing some room to flatten with the palm of your hand. Bake 20 minutes until lightly golden and set.
- Cool 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Once fully cooled, store in an airtight container.
Will keep in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||12.9 g|
|- Sugars||6.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.5 g|