Using coconut yoghurt, raw almonds, sweet dates and cacao powder, this chilled-out, pretty pink and purple frozen dessert cheesecake has no dairy in it.
- 2 ½ cups (330g) raw cashews
- 1 cup raw whole almonds
- ½ cup desiccated coconut or coconut flour
- 6 (125g) fresh dates, seeded
- 1 ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1 cup dairy-free coconut and blueberry yoghurt
- ¾ cup soft coconut oil
- Extra ½ cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 300 g frozen mixed berries
- fresh raspberries, to decorate
- fresh blackberries, to decorate
- edible dried rose petals or other edible flowers, to decorate
- Soak cashews in a large bowl of cold water for a minimum of 5 hours or overnight. Grease a 26cm x 13cm (top measurement) 7cm-deep loaf tin, then line with baking paper, ensuring paper is overhanging all sides by at least 4cm.
- Put almonds and coconut in the bowl of a food processor and process until it forms a ground meal. Add dates, cacao and syrup, then process until combined and sticky. Transfer mixture to prepared tin and press firmly into base with damp fingers until flat. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Drain cashews, then rinse. Drain well. Transfer to the bowl of a clean food processor. Process until a paste forms. Add coconut yoghurt, oil, extra syrup and vanilla. Process until smooth. Pour 2½ cups of cashew mixture over chilled base. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set 75g of frozen berries aside. Add remaining berries to cashew mixture in food processor and process until smooth. Add reserved frozen berries to mixture and stir in using a spoon. Spread mixture on top of coconut layer and smooth top. Freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Leave out of freezer for about 15 minutes or until just starting to lose frozen texture but not starting to melt. Lift out of tin using paper and transfer to a board or platter. Decorate with fresh raspberries, blackberries and edible flowers. Cut into thick slices to serve.
Store any leftover cake in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||29.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||61.1 g|
|- Sugars||33.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||10.4 g|