These frosted confections will help you to keep your cool in the warmer months. Or, you could get really fancy, and serve these as frozen cocktails at a party.
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp white rum
- 300 ml soda water
- 3 slices lemon, cut in half
- Extra 12 fresh mint leaves
- Combine sugar, juice and mint leaves in a mortar and pestle and muddle. Set aside and allow to infuse for 30 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a large jug. Discard mint leaves, squeezing out liquid. Add rum and soda (see tip, below) and stir to combine. Place a piece of lemon in the bottom of 6 x 80ml ice block moulds. Pour in mojito mixture. Place in the freezer for 1½-2 hours or until icy enough for a popsicle stick to stand up but not frozen.
- Using popsicle sticks, push 2 mint leaves into each, then stand stick up into each centre. Freeze until completely frozen. Remove ice blocks by running moulds under hot water for 2 seconds or holding it in your hot hand until it releases. Serve.
Measure your moulds first to find out their quantity. Add extra soda water to adjust to the correct measurement or double mixture to make 2 sets.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||12.0 g|
|- Sugars||11.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.2 g|