Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
Short grain rice is the key to creamy rice pudding. Make this as a dessert for the family in wintertime. Best part: there's a microwavable shortcut, too!
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup short-grain rice
- 3 tbsp honey or sugar
- finely grated rind of ½ lemon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2- 3 tbsp cream (optional)
- ⅓ cup sultanas or raisins (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and stir over a low heat for about 20 minutes, until the mixture is creamy and the rice is cooked through. Serve hot or cold.
- To see an option for microwaving this recipe, see tips, below.
To microwave, mix in 11⁄2 tbsp cornflour with the milk and place with all other ingredients in a large microwave bowl. Cover tightly and cook at 70% power for 8 minutes, stirring twice. Reduce power to 50% and cook a further 11 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes, until the rice is cooked and creamy. Serve hot or cold.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||85.5 g|
|- Sugars||42.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.5 g|