Enjoy grilled, juicy button mushrooms with beef sirloin steak and red onion chunks. Perfect at a barbecue, these skewers are served with a Danish feta sauce.
- 4 beef sirloin steaks, cut into 3-4cm pieces
- 1 tbsp Greek seasoning
- 16 button mushrooms
- 1 red onion, cut into thick wedges, halved crossways
- 8 x metal skewers (around 25cm long)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g baby rocket leaves
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 200 g Danish feta, chopped
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh chives
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- To make sauce, place feta, water and vinegar in a food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in chives. Season with pepper.
- Toss beef in seasoning. Thread mushrooms, beef and onion alternately onto skewers. Drizzle with oil.
- Heat a barbecue grill plate over a medium heat. Add skewers. Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, or until cooked to your liking.
- Combine rocket and tomatoes in a serving bowl. Serve with skewers and sauce.
The thickness of the sauce may vary depending on brand of feta used — adjust the amount of water to suit.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||12.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||6.5 g|
|- Sugars||5.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.2 g|