Perfect for a barbecue dinner with friends, this seafood sensation includes prawns, chorizo and thick slices of grilled ciabatta – all served with piri priri…
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 700 g frozen raw peeled prawns with tail on, thawed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 300 g ciabatta loaf, cut into 1 cm-thick slices
- 1 chorizo (200g), cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 2 lemons, halved
- piri piri sauce, to serve
- 50 g chopped fresh parsley leaves, to garnish
- Combine oil and garlic in a large bowl. Add prawns. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat.
- Heat a lightly oiled barbecue grill plate over a medium to high heat. Add bread in two batches. Cook for about 1 minute on each side, or until charred. Remove.
- Add prawns and chorizo in two batches to same heated grill plate. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until cooked. Remove.
- Meanwhile, add lemon halves cut-side down. Cook for about 1 minute, or until charred.
- Arrange prawns and chorizo on a platter with charred bread and lemons. Serve with piri piri sauce. Garnish with parsley.
Thaw prawns overnight in the fridge. Piri piri sauce can vary in heat from mild to hot. It’s available in major supermarkets.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||23.5 g|
|- Sugars||1.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.7 g|