Forget peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, these delicious cookies are a twist on the American schoolyard classic! They are perfect for picnics, and parties!
- 100 g unsalted butter, chopped at room temperature
- ⅔ cup crunchy peanut butter
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup raspberry jam
- Beat butter, peanut butter, sugars and vanilla in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg. Beat until combined. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add combined sifted flour and baking powder. Stir until combined. Cover. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, or until firm enough to roll.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place about 4cm apart on prepared trays. Using your thumb, gently press down to make an indent in the centre of each ball. Fill each with ½ tsp of jam.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C), swapping trays halfway through, for 12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely on trays.
Try replacing raspberry jam with blackberry jam, for a change.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||20.0 g|
|- Sugars||12.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.9 g|