Pistachio nuts and white chocolate work like a dream in this delicious blondie slice with added crunch. It's simple to eat, perfect with an afternoon tea!
- 125 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 300 g white cooking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Place butter and 200g of the chocolate into a large heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Stir sugar into chocolate mixture with eggs and vanilla until combined. Add combined sifted flour and baking powder with remaining chopped chocolate and ½ cup of the pistachios. Stir until well combined. Spread into prepared pan. Smooth over top. Sprinkle over remaining pistachios.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden and cooked when tested. Cool in pan.
- Cut into squares to serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||21.3 g|
|- Sugars||16.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.4 g|