If you love your garlic bread but want to try something a little different, this recipe is perfect – a white crusty baguette baked with basil pesto & cheese.
- 100 g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 35cm long white baguette
- ½ cup grated pizza cheese blend
- Combine butter and pesto in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cut baguette at 2cm intervals, about three-quarters of the way through.
- Spread a heaped teaspoon of the butter mixture evenly between each slice. Spread remaining butter over the top.
- Place baguette on a 60cm sheet of greased foil. Sprinkle with cheese. Wrap up to enclose. Place on a large oven tray.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Open foil and scrunch around base of baguette. Return to oven. Cook for a further 7 to 10 minutes, or until crust is crisp and top is golden brown. Serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||16.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||34.6 g|
|- Sugars||2.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.7 g|