If you like your sides with a bit of added spice, give these sweet potato wedges a try. With fajita seasoning, lemon juice and mayonnaise, they're amazing!
- 1 kg sweet potato, washed, scrubbed
- 1 tbsp fajita seasoning mix
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Cut sweet potato into 3cm-thick long wedges. Place in a large bowl with seasoning. Drizzle well with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly. Transfer sweet potato to a large roasting pan.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220C), turning halfway through, for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with combined mayonnaise and lemon juice.
You can replace sweet potato with potato or pumpkin wedges, and serve with tzatziki or beetroot dip.
We used medium-sized sweet potatoes. Try cutting in half lengthways, then into wedges for the perfect size.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||32.3 g|
|- Sugars||8.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.8 g|