Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
With rice in the pantry you can always get a quick Asian fix. This fried rice recipe gives you the choice of adding prawns, chicken or pork and takes 20 mins.
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 spring onions, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 100 g ham slice, diced
- ½ cup roasted cashews
- 1 cup soy beans or peas
- 100 g diced cooked prawns, chicken or sliced barbecued pork (optional)
- 1 cup bean sprouts (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large, heavy pan. Whisk eggs with fish sauce and soy sauce. Pour into pan and swirl to cover base. Cook until set then transfer to a plate.
- Slice cooked egg into strips.
- Add remaining oil to pan and stir-fry spring onions and carrot for 1 minute. Pile rice on top and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat without stirring. Add cooked egg, ham, cashews, beans or peas and optional ingredients and stir-fry until heated through, 2-3 minutes.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||350.6 g|
|- Sugars||9.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||11.8 g|