This gutsy one-pan dish is an easy weekday dinner idea that the family will love. With chorizo, tomatoes, parsley and basmati rice, it's filling & flavoursome.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 250 g baby cooking chorizo, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 250 g basmati rice
- 600 ml stock
- 1 lemon, zest peeled off in thick strips, plus wedges to serve
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 1 small bunch parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan with a lid. Add the onion and cook for 5-8 mins until soft and golden. Push to the side of the pan and add the chorizo. Cook until lightly browned and some of the oils are released into the pan.
- Add the garlic and paprika, then the tomatoes. Bubble over a medium heat for 5 mins, then add the rice, stock, lemon zest and bay leaves. Stir everything together well and bring to the boil. Put the lid on and cook over a very low heat for 12 mins.
- Turn off the heat and leave to sit and steam for 10-15 mins. Stir through the parsley and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||60.0 g|
|- Sugars||6.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.1 g|