Grab your greens and put them in this delicious, light wintertime soup. With zucchini, peas and beans, this healthy vegan soup recipe can also be frozen.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 zucchini, quartered lengthways, then sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 250 g asparagus, woody ends removed, chopped
- 100 g peas, fresh or frozen
- 200 g broad beans, double- podded if you have time
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, chopped
- crusty bread, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the leeks and celery, and cook for 8 mins until soft. Add the zucchini and garlic. Cook gently for 5 mins more.
- Pour in the stock and simmer, covered, for 10 mins. Add the asparagus, peas and broad beans, and cook for a further 4 mins, until just cooked through. Stir in the chopped basil and season well. Scatter with basil leaves and serve with crusty bread.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||30.5 g|
|- Sugars||11.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||15.7 g|